Monday, July 13, 2009

New Inspiration

No wonder I can't get my UFO's finished.....there are too many new project calling my name. I got the July/August issue of Quiltmaker magazine primarily for the new Bonnie Hunter mystery that starts in this issue, but I found a new inspiration even though I wasn't looking for one--the Thirty Something quilt project:

I love this quilt, and I've been collecting reproduction thirties fabrics for a long time hoping the "right" project would come along. Something that would justify cutting into all those pretty prints. Here's a pic of some of my fabric--this is just a small sample--LOL!

The quilt requires 56 blocks, but I've already got about 30 of them stitched. Pretty good progress considering I'm hand-sewing them. I hope to hand quilt the finished top; I haven't done any hand quilting in a few years, and I'm surprised how good it feels to have a needle in my hand again.

Happy quilting,

Carolyn




1 comment:

  1. Oh, I like that pattern and your fabrics are sooo pretty!! Can't wait to see it :o)

    ReplyDelete