Monday, December 17, 2012

A Good Night for Soup

Last night was Taco Soup night. I wanted to post the recipe here so I could pin it to my Pinterest recipe board (yes, Pinterest is where I spend what little spare time I have now!).

Taco Soup

Two pounds of ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can red kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 envelope ranch dressing mix

Brown the ground beef with the onion and bell pepper in a large dutch oven. After meat is brown and vegetables are soft, drain the fat and add all the canned ingredients--don't drain! Add the two envelopes of seasoning mix and simmer on low for about an hour.  To serve, I top each bowl with grated cheese and loosely crushed tortilla chips. Makes about eight large servings.

I don't know the calorie count, but I use lean ground meat, and if you leave off the tortilla chips, it's fairly low carb.

No comments:

Post a Comment