Thursday, June 24, 2021

Prairie Flowers Quilt

 I got it together after a few mistakes and some seam ripping.




After I got all the blocks laid out, I stack them by row and numbered the rows 1 through 5. Somehow or other, I didn't assemble the rows in number order, and I had some very similar fabrics all in clumps. I didn't like it. I got them sewn in the right order and then cut the inner side borders 2.5" too long. I really was trying to get that extra eased in, and then I realized I really don't often have accuracy issues. Organization issues and distractibility issues, yes, but not accuracy. I took them off and remeasured and sewed the corrected ones on. Anyway, it took longer to get this top done than I would have liked, but I really do think like this one. The Bonnie and Camille fabric line is so pretty. I think it is called "Shine On". It will have an orange binding similar to the cornerstones, which I think will make it even prettier.

On another note, I noticed how long the days have gotten. I went outside at 8:35 last night, and it was still pretty light outside.
I love the longer hours of sunlight, even though the temperatures have been in the 90's, and I dread the time change later in the year. The dark evenings don't make me happy.

I hope someone will drop a comment and let me know what they have made from this Bonnie and Camille fabric.



2 comments:

  1. Your Prairie Flowers quilt is beautiful! Congratulations on a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it worked out in the end. I have never had that happen to me! Right. I live Murphy's law daily. It is a lovely top.

    ReplyDelete