Monday, July 26, 2021

Weekend Progress

Mostly I was pretty lazy this weekend, but I did decide I would continue with the star blocks. I had already opened the layer cake and cut up a few for the first block, and it didn't seem like anything would happen with the rest of the layer cake if I didn't continue with the blocks. So....I got all the star points made and and all the 16-patch centers. The absolute worst part is all the trimming required for the hst's when doing the eight at a time triangles with the layer cakes, but it is done now, and I started putting the blocks together.


The pattern doesn't use sashing, but I might like at least a thin sashing to separate the blocks. I don't know, I'll try it both ways and see.

I was able to find some brown for the really old UFO, and I ordered some border fabric from ebay.
The border I ordered is like the green at the top of this picture, but it is the pink color-way. It's so old, I really can't believe I actually found any, and I was only able to get a yard, but it will be enough. It will have to be. I will use the solid brown for an inner border and for the binding, and that will be one more ready for quilting.

I weighed myself this morning and was happy that I've lost a couple of pounds. That gives me the motivation to keep going this week and see what happens when I get on the scale next week. I am trying intermittent fasting which means I don't eat anything from 7 pm to 11 am the next day. Then at 11 am I have a protein shake. A couple of evenings last week, I didn't eat any meat, and the other evenings I tried to limit it to about 4 ounces. Everything else is plant based. I do love salad and really all vegetables, so it's not much of a deprivation so far.


2 comments:

  1. Those star blocks are looking good! I like that older UFO. I made something similar several years ago but with solids in the background. Glad you found a border fabric. Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete