Monday, August 16, 2021

Weekend Update

I didn't get a lot of anything done this weekend. I did a lot of things, but nothing really got finished. Except laundry. Laundry is all done. I did the floors Thursday night so I had that behind me. I worked on my crazier eights quilt, and I did some crocheting. I buy most of my cleaning supplies at the dollar store, and I noticed last time they went that they had yarn. I really liked this red color.
I thought it was 100% cotton, but I'm not so sure I was correct about that. It is hard to work with and feels a little rough. It also had some weird little slubs in it. I feel like it is made from recycled water bottles or something. I doubt that I would buy any more of it. I did finish one dish cloth and threw the leftover yarn away.
I might actually use it as a wash cloth. I think it would have great exfoliating properties. Oh well, live and learn.

Friday night I cooked. I had some large shrimp that I seasoned with Old Bay Seasoning and broiled in the oven. I cooked a pot of spaghetti, and while that was cooking I sauteed a package of mushrooms in butter and minced garlic. After I drained the spaghetti, I added the mushrooms and a small jar of capers. It was so easy and so good, and I think it was fairly low in calories. I will definitely make it again. Sunday night I fixed a recipe I had pinned on pinterest. It is supposed to be about 300 calories per serving.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/245094404711111258/. This is what theirs looked like. 
This is what mine looked like. LOL. 
I couldn't find the whole wheat tortellini so I just bought the regular three-cheese one. It was good, although I thought it was a little oily. I might not have read it right. I need to go back and check to see. The main thing is that it was really filling. I was quite satisfied with this one bowl, although I added some grated parmesan and cracked black pepper before I ate it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment