Monday, September 13, 2021

Twin Sisters Block

There was a discussion on one of the facebook quilt groups about where to find a pattern for the twin sisters quilt. I was curious enough to search for a free pattern and found one on this blog. It is made from jelly roll strips so that is a bonus. I have a whole bucket of 2.5" strips, so I did a test block.

I really like the pattern, but I'm not sure about the "negative" blocks (the ones with the white whirligigs). Those aren't as attractive to me. Then I thought about putting them together.....

How would the seam allowances work out for a tessellating block?
Hmmm, not so good. But the idea of using sashing on a 5" block doesn't really excite me either. I'm not sure where I'm going with this one. Maybe nowhere, although I think it would be really cute in reproduction prints. I also think it would be cute if some more colorful solids were subbed for the white. Either way, it was an experiment, and you just don't know until you try. It's pretty cool to me when someone can find a way to make a traditional block for pre-cuts. 





No comments:

Post a Comment