Thursday, October 28, 2021

Macaroni Salad

I had a craving for macaroni salad. It's not something I usually make, so I don't have a recipe. I made it up as I went, and oh my, it was good.



Before I forget how I made it, here is the recipe:

3 cups cooked macaroni, well drained
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 T dijon mustard
1/4 red onion, finely chopped (it's not much onion, but it gets more pronounced as it sits in the refrigerator.
2 dill pickles, finely chopped
2 T dried parsley flakes
1-1/2 tsp. black pepper (I like black pepper, if you don't, you can use less)
1-1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 packets splenda

Mix everything except the the macaroni in a bowl. Mix well to blend the ingredients. Pour the dressing over the drained macaroni and mix gently. 

3 comments:

  1. That looks good! Now I just have to find a good gluten-free elbow macaroni! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a gluten-free one at Kroger’s (Kroger’s brand), but I haven’t tried it.

      Delete
    2. I saw a gluten-free one at Kroger’s (Kroger’s brand), but I haven’t tried it.

      Delete