Thursday, January 20, 2022

A Finish….And A Disappointment

I finished my flamingo cross stitch, and oh my goodness, I like it so much. The instructions said to soak in in a basin of cold water to remove the lines.

I went straight to the kitchen sink and ran some cold water. I soaked it for about 20 minutes, and then I drained the water and soaked it some more in some clean water. I laid it out on towels on top of the washing machine so it could dry overnight. 

Just look at this!

The pink floss bled! The green did too, a little bit:
I am so disappointed. All the time spent on it, and I can’t frame this. I have some experience getting dye migration out of quilts with Dawn liquid and hot water, but I am afraid to put this in hot water. Right now it is soaking in Dawn and cold water and I am praying for a good outcome. 

One more thing......today is my last day at my job. So much emotion! Some of it was good, and some of it not so good. I am ready to start something new, but after 29 years at the same place, there is some anxiety about leaving. I just need to stay busy and get through it. I have been having trouble sleeping due to the anxiety and the feeling of being overwhelmed with all the things I need to get done. I am trying to take it a day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Such a shame about your flamingo cross stitch. It looks lovely. Hope you can get the running dye out. Maybe if you add a Colour Collector to the water it will soak up the dye. I got some at Walmart here in Canada. I was at the same job for 32 years until the company closed down. I don't know how I had time to work as I keep very busy at home all day. I missed working when I first stopped but do not miss it at all now. Good luck! ❤️ ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elaine! I have some good news....I soaked the cross stitch in cold water with a healthy squirt of Dawn in it, and I did add the color catcher to the water. I got 99% of it out!

    ReplyDelete