Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June Block of the Month

Here's the BOM for June. It's a ten-inch block from Quilterscache I really like called Marion's Choice. Here's a link for the instructions:
http://www.quilterscache.com/M/MarionsChoiceBlock.html

It's all 2" squares and half-sqaure triangles so nothing we haven't already been doing. The way they're arranged makes a really nice block. You might want to keep the picture handy while you're sewing the block. I didn't the first time and managed the get the half-square trianges upside down when I made the first row. It was easy to correct

after I looked at the picture. I spressed the rows
with the patches going away from the half-square
triangles, and I pressed the middle row with the
patches going toward the outer patches and
toward the red center patch. Sorry I didn't take a
pic showing how I pressed it, but here's a pic of
the finished block.



Until next time,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment