It’s a little too hot for comfort. I am watering the outside plants every other day, and I’m not sure it’s enough. There are a couple I need to give up on and throw away. According to the weather forecast, next week should be a little better. There are no days above 93 degrees forecasted. In the meantime, we could sure use some rain. My starfish cactus is blooming again, plus has two more buds that haven’t opened. It’s so unusual.
It’s good weather to stay inside and quilt. I was able to put the binding on one of Marian’s quilts.
It was one Joycelynn started for her son before she passed away, and Marian finished the top. The back is pieced.
I finished quilting one for Martha. I think it’s one of the prettiest quilts I have quilted.
The backing fabric was the inspiration for the colors in the top.
It’s pretty big—92” x 109”.
I had bought some imitation crab at the grocery store, and I didn’t really like it.
I buy the boiled shrimp a lot and really like it, but the crab not so much. I decided to chop it up and make some crab salad.
I also chopped up some fresh parsley and celery and added it. I can’t really give you an amount, but about a quarter cup of each. I also finely chopped a stalk of green onion. You don’t need much, but it adds a little flavor.
I didn’t use all mayonnaise—I mixed mayo with nonfat Greek yogurt to cut the calories. I added enough to moisten the crab and added a pretty generous amount of Old Bay Seasoning and Morton season salt. It is so much better than the plain crab legs! So not really a recipe, but an effort to use up something I didn’t think I was going to eat.
I’m still doing weight watchers and this was pretty low in points. I counted one point for the mayo and three points for the crackers.
I thought that was a starfish before I looked closely! We try to water what is left in the garden every other day, and even at that the water bill is ridiculous. But I felt so terrible when I looked and realized I had forgotten to manually water a pot that had some mums that were actually doing very well. They are toast now. :( Martha's quilt is beautiful. The pattern looks so familiar.
ReplyDeleteSince you inspired me to get back on WW, I also have been using a touch of mayo with fat free Greek yogurt for dressings, and it really is satisfying!
Yes, the Greek yogurt is not that great by itself, but mixed with mayo and a little lemon juice, it’s pretty good.
Delete