Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vintage Thingie Thursday

It's Thursday again and time for another vintage thingie! Last weekend was the first Victoria Market Days of 2009, and of course I was there. Wasn't really planning to buy, but sometimes you find something that just has to come home with you...........



This time it was this little vanity bench. The top is covered with an old quilt piece that repurposed into upholstery fabric. Normally, I don't like the idea of cutting up old quilts, but this one is a little threadbare and machine pieced and quilted so I can live with it. This one wasn't a fabulous bargain, but at $20.00, still not too bad. Anyway, it's cute and I can always use it for something (?), maybe to stack folded quilts on........



Visit Colorodolady's blog to see who else is participating this week and happy Thursday!



Carolyn

18 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I like the fabric on it! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're glad you brought it home instead of spending many sleepness nights wishing you had! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet you find a great place for it!
    good find and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So colorful and pretty! I love the fabric.
    Erika @ Homegrown family

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! I love the fabric, very pretty and cheery looking. I think you snatched that up at a great price. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet bench...you don't have to worry, you didn't cut up the quilt! Glad its found a nice home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The perfect place to display your quilts, great idea. I too struggle with cutting up old quilts but I think the makers would rather they are used, re-purposed, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love little benches like this...can be used for so many things... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy little bench found a new home..and I love that fabric of the old quilt. Sometimes a small piece is all that can be salvaged and loved. Happy VTT..have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a winner, stacked quilts would look great on it. I think it is cute and really love the quilt fabric on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that the old quilt got a new place to shine. It was made into a sweet little bench and how fitting to hold quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute little bench and perfect idea to stack quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes I"m glad you bought it too, very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a personality that bench has! Great place to stack quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a sweetie..i love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. very adorable. Hope you have a Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blog! I am glad that you decided to buy that...what a find! You would have kicked yourself if you had not. It is nice getting to know you through Quilting for All.
    Micki
    In Ireland

    ReplyDelete