Sunday, May 8, 2016

I Had an Idea

What if I could quilt two quilts at one time? I got two tops done for Quilts4Kids that are the same size and sewed the two backs together and loaded them on the quilt frame.

My thought was to put the batting on and pin the tops side by side, but the more I thought about it, the more I couldn't work out in my mind how to do it successfully. For one thing, I couldn't find a thread and bobbin color that would would work well on both. I also wanted to fold the back over to make the bindings when I finished the quilting so edge to edge quilting wouldn't work. I ended up taking it off and separating the backs. I loaded just one and started over.

Once, that was done, it didn't take too long to get the quilting done. I used a small meander which went pretty fast but is still dense enough to stand up to a lot of use.
I

If I have time, I'll get the second one loaded before I leave here today. 

We will be having lunch at my daughter's today for Mother's Day. I picked up a cute little gift for my mom at Joann Fabrics last time I was there.

A little cosmetic bag and hand cream. Gotta love Joann's. Hope you have a happy Mother's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment