Monday, May 2, 2016

A Little Progress

Progress is good in any amount. I finished the quilting on this one

I still need to square it up and get it bound.

I really, really, really need to clean up my sewing room. My friend Alan came over Saturday and helped me do some reorganizing. I really appreciated his help, and we found some more tops that need to be completed. We made a quick trip to Hancock's to get some backing fabric for the tops we located. Now they are in line to be quilted (and finished!). Hancock's is closing and has every thing on clearance, but the quilting cottons are only down to 40%. I asked Alan what we were going to do when Hancock's closes, and he said, "Use our stash!" Good answer, but still, it's been so convenient to just run over there when I need anything. I'm dreading not having a fabric store in town.

This evening, I got my little doll quilt sewn into a flimsy.

It's not perfect, but it's pretty cute. Next, I need to cut some binding for one of the quilts that's waiting in line to be finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment