I’m so glad I cut the striped binding on the bias—I really like the way it looks, and I think it tied everything together.
I’m not sure if the quilts is 92” x 92” or 93” x 93”. I will re-measure it before I take it to the church. I actually started this quilt for the 2025 Luther Fest auction and got bogged down and didn’t finish. Betty gave me her completed Boys of the Bible top (she didn’t want it), and I quilted it and bound it and put it in the 2025 auction.
I spent the rest of the day making more binding. I had some of the blue and yellow stripe left, and I think I can use it on something, so I kept cutting. I also had quite a bit of the light gray left that I had used to bind the baby quilts so I cut up all of that too.
We got another inch of rain yesterday; maybe more counting last night but I haven’t checked yet. It was raining pretty hard when I went to bed. This is the first significant rain we have had since about June. I’m off to church this morning. I had some sun damage spots on my face that the dermatologist froze off Tuesday, and now I have crusty, red spots. I hate to go to church looking like this, but I am trying to talk myself into it.







Your auction quilt is beautiful! And a great size too. Good you got more rain - except that just means grass-mowing at our house. Our yard literally turned green overnight, and my garden is blooming again. Never ceases to amaze me. I've had those freeze spots before - I get it!
ReplyDeleteYes, the grass really grew overnight, and the weeds popped up too! Time to get out the lawnmower.
DeleteI love that stripe binding. It looks really good and hope you raise a bit with the auction
ReplyDeleteThank you Karen. I hope it does well.
DeleteCongratulations on the finish, Carolyn! It's beautiful, and I love the striped binding! It should do well at the auction. The other quilt is pretty too, as well as your placemats.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteBlues and yellows play so good together. Beautiful job on your quilt and congrats on your finish, Carolyn. It sounds like you are staying busy taking care of those scraps leftover too. We got a spot of much needed rain this weekend too. It has been hot and dry this summer. I wish you a speedy recovery from spots being frozen off; I felt the same way when I had one removed. Have a lovely week. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThank you Melisa. The rain was wonderful. I am self conscious about these ugly spots on my face, but I think they are starting to heal.
DeleteCongratulations on your finished quilt. The biased binding really pops on it. Boys of the Bible quilt finished nicely as well. Hope the auction is a success!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Delete