Friday, June 25, 2021

Nine Patch Square Dance

 While I was outside taking pictures of quilts a couple of evenings ago, I decided to get one of this top now that the borders are on it.



I have actually had the borders on it for a little while now, but it was when we were getting all the rain, and I couldn't get it hung up outside for a decent picture. This one was the 2021 quilt along for American Patchwork and Quilting. This one was so much fun I started a second one in the Sanctuary fabric line, but not much has been accomplished on it. I will need to get back to it soon and maybe set a goal of a block or two per day. 

I started cutting last night on this.

I have the 1930's layer cake Alan and Dave gave me, plus I added five or six more greens so I can make all the leaves some shade of green. The piece at the top is my background. It's a lovely Darlene Zimmerman print that will be perfect with the layer cake. The leaves are made by pairing a 10" print square with a 10" background square and making eight hst's at one time. I got quite a few of those sewn before I called it quits last night. I only need 14 of them. I'll try and get them trimmed up and pressed today. I need to work for a few hours this morning on my real job, but I should have some time this afternoon to finish these leaves. I really need to get back to the sewing room cleanup--I seem to have lost my motivation, and that is not a good thing. I will have figure out how to motivate myself to get more done in there.






1 comment: