Monday, June 28, 2021

Totally Tulips

I had a pretty chill weekend--lots of time to sew. I did some some house cleaning Friday and Saturday morning so that was out of the way and off my mind. Saturday I finished all the hst's for the leaf blocks. It was a lot of trimming.

I ordered a solid green for the stems, and now I wish I had waited until I could get a day off to go to the quilt shop. I didn't want too pale of a color, but what I got might be too bright.

It's actually not as dark as the pictures, but when I took the pictures and looked at them, I decided I hated it. I went ahead and finished the leaf pairs, but I will have to decide what to do about the stems.

Saturday night I got all my 5" squares cut for the flowers, and Sunday I sewed all the corners on.


There are 112 of them. The diagonal seam tape helps speed things up as far as not having to mark a bunch of diagonal lines on the little white squares.

My goal for this evening (after work) is to get the flowers made, and figure out what I want to do for the stems.





No comments:

Post a Comment