Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Totally Tulips, Selvages, and Dogs

 I actually achieved my goal of getting all the flower heads sewn together, plus I got the stem pieces sewn to the leaves. I decided to just go with the green I had ordered--due to my work hours, it would most likely be Saturday before I could physically get to the quilt shop, and I wanted to keep moving on this one. I used all kinds of greens for the leaves, so nothing is going to be a perfect match for all of them. The darker green doesn't look that bad with the some of the darker colored leaves.


I got a few complete flowers assembled, so I was happy about that.

So I'm just going to say--I have no issues with the quilt shops cutting their own layer cakes, but for heaven's sake, cut the selvages off! This pattern takes all 42 pieces of the layer cake, and two of the pieces had a pretty deep selvage on them. I used them anyway hoping the little selvage dots would be taken up in the seam allowance. Nope.


I pressed the seam allowance toward the dots, so maybe it will be okay, but still, it is disappointing. 

It turns out I'm not the only one at my house who was disappointed yesterday.

She is so unhappy. I don't know what happened to her back paw, but she won't quit licking it. The vet said it was irritated but couldn't see any cuts or puncture wounds. The only solution for healing is to keep her from licking it. The main problem, besides the fact that she hates it, is the doggy door. The cone doesn't fit through the doggy door opening. 





No comments:

Post a Comment