Monday, June 14, 2021

Sewing Room Cleanup and Sewing

 I am plugging along.....with all the hours I spend at work, there is not much time or motivation left to do much in the sewing room. Maybe a few hours a week if I can manage it. I spent a little time yesterday, but I'm getting down to the point where the easy decisions have been made, and I need to decide on the iffy stuff. I have a bag started for Goodwill but it's not really too full yet.


There's still a little room on the shelves; I actually have room for another shelf, just not a wide one. I will get it set up soon.

I got to the point where I really just wanted to sew, and I had planned ahead and left a pathway to the sewing machine and ironing board. I picked up some small pieces from the floor and started sewing pieces together that were close to the same length.


My ironing board cover has a big scorched spot on it. After a little bit of sewing, I felt a little better about everything. I went and bought a new ironing board cover and did a little more straightening up. 



Not sure where these blocks will end up. I saw some somewhere, maybe Pinterest, that had narrow strips of black running through them. I don't now if I'll try that or just keep chugging along on these. I probably have enough scrap pieces to do both. 😊

I'm not good for much in the evenings after I've worked all day, but maybe this evening, I can do just a little more straightening up. I need to get some of the smaller scraps cut into some type of usable pieces. I can for sure use more 2-1/2" squares, so maybe I can work on that.







No comments:

Post a Comment