Saturday, May 1, 2021

Nine Patch Square Dance

 I have been waiting for the border fabric I ordered to get here so I could finish this top. It’s the 2021 quilt along from American Patchwork and Quilting.


Look what came this week!

The pattern uses a narrow inner border of the background fabric, and then a wider one from one of the colors in the quilt. I’m still thinking about that inner border: do I want the off white like the background or red like the cornerstones? Either way, the outer border will be the black. 




Today would be a good day to work on it. Nothing but rain and more rain. I have been doing laundry and got the bathrooms cleaned. It’s hard for me to get motivated when the weather is yucky like this. If it clears up soon, I will have to get busy and get the grass cut. In the meantime, I need to make a decision on the inner border for this quilt.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! I think a white inner border will continue the sashing in a way that feels complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the input! I think you are right that it should complete the sashing.

      Delete