I made four more potato chip blocks.
I had already done 23 so now I’m up to 27. I need 30 blocks for my quilt, so I need to push through and get these completed. I do them as leaders and enders, but I think I will just sew the final three so I can start putting the top together.
I’ve mostly been working on these.
There was somewhere between 20 and 30 in the box I found; I now have 50 total done. Depending on how many rows I do, I will either need 64 or 72. I feel like the end is in sight on this one as well. I just need time and more motivation. LOL.
I would like to say I worked on the Double Irish Chain sew along, but I didn’t. I got stuck on picking out a solid pink I want to use. I have two different choices—one is sort of a dusty pink, and the other is sort of a bubblegum color. Neither is exactly what I wanted, but I don’t want to go buy something when I already have this, and no point ordering anything either. It’s too hard to judge the colors when you order online.
When I get tired of sewing, I pick up some crochet. I got these done over the last couple of days.
I have been trying to walk in the evenings. Unfortunately, it is too hot to take the dogs. I feel like the sidewalks haven’t cooled off enough for their paw pads. They are not happy. I should take them early in the morning, but I go to the gym in the mornings. On Wednesday it was 101 with 70% humidity. I think the a/c ran all day. Some things love the heat. My starfish cactus is blooming.
The bloom is a five point star, but two of the petals are kind of folded up so it’s hard to see the star. There is another bud so it hopefully will have another bloom.
It doesn’t bloom every year, just sporadically. It wasn’t quite as hot yesterday and somewhat overcast. There were a few rain bands from the tropical storm. Any moisture is welcome right now, but I wasn’t able to walk. Maybe today.







No comments:
Post a Comment