Monday, August 17, 2026

Weekend Sewing

Well, that was a fast weekend. Fortunately, I was able to check a few things off my list. I was able to get all my tax paperwork put together and got it delivered to the CPA’s office on Friday morning. That is definitely a load off my mind. My a/c had gone out again on Wednesday evening, and the technician was able to come by on Thursday evening and get it fixed. He has assured me that everything that might fail has been replaced this year. We’ll see. 

As for sewing, I have been working for a few months on making some large nine patches.


I’m using the same centers in all of them and the same background fabric so there is some continuity. 


My goal is to make enough to do another disappearing nine patch. I know, I know, I never thought I would make another one. I made so many back in the day, I got really tired of them. I think I can make a large-size quilt from 36 blocks. I was doing these as leader/enders, which I really prefer a smaller block as a leader/ender so I finally decided to take stock of what I had and get all the blocks made.


Here they are: 36 big nine patches. I still need to cut them up and reassemble them. That will happen soon. I will use the same layout as this one.


If you are a regular reader, you may remember this one was donated to Christ the Victor Lutheran Church for their raffle.

In the meantime, I need a new leader/ender project, and I’m using LaLa’s Irish Chain for that for now. The latest clue is two patches with the jellyroll fabric and the main color.


These are fun, and I’m enjoying them, but if I want to keep up with the clues, I probably can’t keep doing this as a leader/ender. Oh well. Also, I need 288 of these, and I’ve only done about 30. 

I’m also working on the quilt I want to make for my church auction, and it’s been one thing after another. I’ll write more about that later.

School has started, so I’m busy with grandchild pickups. I don’t have to do it everyday—only when mom is working, so it’s not too bad. About three days each week. We had a back to school bash at church yesterday. Blessing of the backpacks during service, and hotdogs and hamburgers after church. I went home and took a nap and ended up sleeping three hours! Needless to say, I was up late last night! 







8 comments:

  1. Your blue nine patch is gorgeous, your green one will be too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That green nine-patch is going to be beautiful. I understand about getting tired of those blocks, but I always have to admit they make stunning quilts. That blue one is gorgeous. How lucky your grandkids are that you live close enough to pick them up. Makes me wish we lived closer than 50 miles away with our daughter's kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad I can help out. I know I sometimes needed help when I was raising mine.

      Delete
  3. The D9P in green is going to be really pretty! I am so tempted by Melva's Irish Chain sew-along - doing the blocks as leaders and enders is a great idea. I like the idea of blessing the backpacks right before school starts, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can join us. Melva said on a recent post that it wasn’t too late to get started!

      Delete
  4. A green quilt like your blue one will be pretty! Good luck in your pursuit of finishing 288 of those 2-patch units. It's a mindless task that doesn't require a lot of attention. ;) Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.

    ReplyDelete