Monday, August 31, 2026

A New Soup Recipe

I have been on a soup kick lately. When the weather is as hot as it has been lately, I am not in the mood to eat a heavy evening meal, and you can only eat so many sandwiches, so soup it is. 

made this recipe three or four weeks ago, and it was really good. It was the chickpea soup that I made with cannellini beans.


It made a lot, and I froze some. I had thawed the rest out a few days ago and finished it. The same recipe site posted another recipe on Facebook this week, and I am anxious to try it. It looks so good.


It’s called Cowboy Bean Soup, and the recipe is here: https://theplantbasedschool.com/cowboy-bean-soup/?fbclid=IwY2xjawT1y4RwZG9mBWV4dG4DYWVtAjEwAGJyaWQRMVh3UkhjMVM4eFRmMVptbWVzcnRjBmFwcF9pZBAyMjIwMzkxNzg4MjAwODkyAAEeHkxiwXVr7iEqr8a6YiXymNjHF1LtyzkflLsHBgvkrmIK1EYmLsE0nTuk_Sg_aem_HUaIpwjaTFv-uuVFs_dVcQ

I thought I had all the ingredients, but I ended up having to stop by the grocery store for potatoes and smoked paprika. Here’s what it looked like:


It was a little soupy; it was thicker the second night. I froze two ziploc bags of it with about two servings each. It’s very good. The only thing I changed was to use fire roasted diced tomatoes instead of crushed tomatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment