Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Chicken Chili

I took a pass on To-Do-List Tuesday because I really don’t have time to work on the post right now. It takes some effort to get all the photos taken and uploaded, and the grandkids are wearing me out right now. Kathryn and Serenity are both playing volleyball, and Roger is playing soccer. The soccer games won’t start until September, thank goodness. Kathryn and I are working on “senior overalls” which is something they wear to the football games. If you’re not familiar, they look something like this. 
It’s a ton of work; we spent all of Sunday afternoon pulling fabric and embellishments. I had to order some ball fringe, but I should have it in a few days. Once I get the overalls finished, I hope to get back to “normal”. Whatever that means.

I don’t have much time to cook, so I made a quick recipe Monday night that I can eat for a few days. It is weight watchers friendly as the only ingredient with points is the chicken, and that’s 2 points in 3 ounces, so not bad. Here are the ingredients:
12 ounce package of precooked chicken breast. I used this one
15 oz can kidney beans, undrained 
15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
27 oz can pinto beans, undrained 
15 oz can corn, undrained 
1 can of Rotel tomatoes 
1 can crushed tomatoes 
1 pkg chili seasoning
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery 
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. olive oil

Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add celery, onion, and bell pepper and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and chicken strips. I cut the chicken strips into small chunks. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. I added about 1/4 tsp. of ground comino and oregano, but I like the extra spice. It’s not really necessary. 

This chicken chili is really good, and low in calories. Let me know what you think if you try it. 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for that recipe. I have one my daughter gave me for "white" chicken chili, and this one looks just as good!

    ReplyDelete