Tuesday, August 13, 2024

To-Do-List Tuesday 8-13-24

Hello to all the Tuesday friends. I have been so busy! Not with quilting so much, but the week just flew by. I spent most of my free time working on income taxes, and Saturday and Sunday I worked on the yard. I’m limited on how much time I can spend out in the heat. The older I get the less tolerance I have for the heat. I worked outside for about 20 minutes and then went inside and cooled off for 20 minutes, then repeat. Needless to say, it takes twice as much time to get the yard work done. So, not too much progress on my to-do list.

1) Bind two quilts. No. Well, I did get the binding made, but I never did find time to sew it on. 
2) Finish June workshop quilt. No. I am missing some of the blocks I made for the border, and I can’t really continue until I find them.
3) Julie’s tee shirt quilt. No. 
4) Income tax. Yes. Hallelujah!
5) Finish Villa Rosa quilt. Yes. 

It’s a little wrinkled, but it’s done. I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted on the border. I ended up adding the narrow strips to the top and bottom, and then just adding the pink roses all the way around for the outer border. 
6) Cut and sew pumpkins for August workshop. Yes. Five made. 
They will get stuffed and embellished at the guild workshop next week. 
7) Catch up on BOM’s. No.

I need a new week and a new list.
1) Bind two quilts.
2) Quilt three quilts.
3) Julie’s tee shirt quilt.
4) Catch up on BOM’s.
5) Play with the potato chip blocks and the 5” squares I cut last week.

I took the June workshop quilt off the list until I can find the extra blocks I made. I don’t have extra fabric to make more, so I really need to find them. Today I’ll be at church, and this afternoon is the first volleyball game of the season. I’m going to take my tax paperwork to the CPA on Wednesday. That will involve a short road trip. I’ll have the rest of the week to do whatever I want to do, so we’ll see how it goes.

Have a good week everyone. I am linking this post to Quilt Schmilt.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pink dusty border. Lots on your list...good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pretty, soft pink. Getting your income tax finished must feel really good. It's time to reward yourself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for finishing the income tax, that has to be a big relief to have off the to do list. Your pink quilt turned out very soft and lovely. Good luck with this week's list.

    ReplyDelete