Tuesday, August 6, 2024

To-Do-List Tuesday 8-6-24

Happy Tuesday! Let me start by saying I am still a little distracted and pulled in too many directions right now. I keep thinking things will settle down, and I will have unlimited time to work on everything I want to get done, but that's not how life works. There’s a lot that didn’t get done.

1) Quilt three quilts. Yes. 




2) Bind two quilts. No. I just did one.
It’s a pieced binding—jelly roll strips pieced together on the bias. I’m a little disappointed that it doesn’t show up that well. I thought it would be more impactful.
3) Finish June workshop quilt. No. 
4) Finish Villa Rosa quilt. No. I got stalled out on the borders. I think I have figured out what I want to do and can hopefully finish this week.
5) Work on Chicken Little quilt. Yes. I finished it!
I still need to iron it and stay stitch the outside edge. I’m not doing any borders; I don’t think it needs any. Once it’s quilted, I will bind it with the green I used for the centers.
6) Julie’s tee shirt quilt. No.
7) Income tax No.

So, a few things got checked off the list, and the rest will go on this week’s list.

1) Bind two quilts.
2) Finish June workshop quilt.
3) Julie’s tee shirt quilt.
4) Income tax.
5) Finish Villa Rosa quilt.
6) Cut and sew pumpkins for August workshop.
7) Catch up on BOM’s.

I think I will have to get the income tax stuff done. It is hanging over my head, and I really dread doing it. I need to just bite the bullet and get it done and off my list. Today I have some work to do at the church, but the rest of the week is open. I hope it stays that way. Have a good week everyone. I am linking this post to Quilt Schmilt.

6 comments:

  1. Are you still cooking at the church? Looks to me like you got quite a bit done! Good luck on the income tax, doesn't sound like fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No church cooking this week, other than a cake I baked for a funeral reception Wednesday. Income tax is no fun!

      Delete
  2. You quilted three quilts and bound another one? To me, that would be a SUPER productive week! I hate doing the income tax thing every year, too. The worst part is hunting down this receipt or that statement that is needed for Line Bazillion Whatever on Form Whats-It! No matter how organized I try to be throughout the year, there are always several missing papers when tax time comes around. Good luck to you and I hope you get some good quilting time in, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I spent way too much time looking for things that should have been better organized (but weren't). Why can't we all just pay a flat percentage of our income and stop with all this paperwork nightmare?

      Delete
  3. Maybe you didn't finish your list, but you definitely made really good progress on the quilting and the binding. Good luck with this week's list, maybe tackling some of the more not fun tasks will help with progress elsewhere next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! That's what I am hoping for.

      Delete