Monday, August 19, 2024

Weekend Update

It was a good weekend and a busy one. Friday night was Sip and Sew at one of the local quilt shops. When I went last month, I had put this runner together.

I decided I would add a pieced border, and that’s what I worked on Friday night. I got one side done,

and the other side is mostly done. It won’t take long to finish if I can find time to work on it. Maybe as a leader-ender project. I really should have been able to finish it Friday night, but I was distracted by other things. A few of the ladies were working on a slippers project, and I got interested in that. I bought the kit which includes the pattern, the basal foam, the interfacing, and the gripper fabric for the soles. 

I can’t wait to get started on it. Besides the kit, I will need a charm pack, a yard of lining fabric, and a zipper. When I went up front to pay for the kit, I saw some shelves of one-yard cuts that were on sale so………

In other words, I was shopping instead of sewing. 

On Saturday, my church group invited the congregation to join us to stuff pillows and tie lap quilts. We also invited the St. Joe students to come and help. There was fun, fellowship and it was for a good cause, so just a good day all the way around.


Two of the St. Joseph students were at my table. They learned how to whip stitch the openings closed after the pillows were stuffed. I wish my granddaughter could have been there, but she had a volleyball tournament in Shiner. They won the tournament, and she was named as the All-Tournament player. 

I wish I could have been there, but I was busy sewing pillows. We had more stuffed than we had time to sew closed, so three of us took some home to finish. I got mine done while I was watching PBS.

I will take them back to the church on Tuesday, and they will eventually get delivered to the dialysis centers or the hospitals.

Today I have exercise class and lunch with a friend who is going to Houston tomorrow for knee surgery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment