Saturday, August 31, 2024

Playing Catch Up

So, I got behind on things while I was sick. No surprise, and it took me a little bit to feel semi-energetic again. This week has gone pretty well, and I’m trying to catch up on all the things I am behind on.  Besides working on Kathryn’s overalls, I got some quilts done. This sea turtle one:
The back is tropical fish.
Another sea turtle quilt:
The back on this one is sea turtles and manatees.
The lady these belong to made them for the twin beds in her sister’s beach house. I quilted a queen sized sea turtle one for her several months ago.

I put binding on this one:
I’m not the one who quilted it, and I didn’t notice it wasn’t straight until I had the binding on. It’s the thick, fuzzy fabric, so maybe that was a problem. I’m not really sure what happened. 

I also got a Christmas top quilted. 

I will need to get the binding put on it. I was thinking black binding, but now I’m leaning more toward red. I think that would give it more of a Christmas feel. 

Every morning when I get to my shop, these two are waiting for me. 
I really don’t think of myself as a cat person, but they are so cute. They wait for me to pet them before they start eating, and the orange one purrs really loudly. 

After all that, I went home yesterday and started cleaning the house. I like to do the bulk of the cleaning on Friday afternoon /evening so I have all weekend to enjoy a clean house. I still need to do a couple of loads of laundry. I’m going to try and do that this afternoon and maybe mow the grass. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling like getting back "into it". Oh those kitties! So pretty, and I'm so glad you are their caretaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that dark gray one has an owner, but he likes to be here when he thinks food is involved!

      Delete