Yesterday my quilt guild taught collage quilting to local 4H kids. We had 14 students, and 7 quilt members were instructing. We taught the same class last year, and we had some of the same kids return for this session. Donna had made mesh project bags for each of the students. Each one was different fabric. I forgot to take a picture, but they were something like this, except with a handle.
Each one had steam-a-seam, pattern ease, and a pair of scissors. We had collage patterns they could choose from. One of the things we learned from last year’s class was to limit the size of the projects they could choose, so they were mostly small.
The kids worked from 9-4, with a 30 minute break for lunch, and they made pretty good use of their time.
We had a few get finished except for their backgrounds.
And these two cuties got their backgrounds done, mostly. I think there were a few blank spots they need to go back and fix today.
I won’t be able to go back today. We have a Deborah Circle meeting at church today, and we are in the middle of planning for the school supply drive, VBS meals, and I don’t know what all else.
















Wow they all did a great job! Looks like you have a variety of ages, and they look like they had a good time. So you are getting ready to have VBS? Meals are a big deal nowadays. When I was a kid, we had cookies and Koolaid - lol!
ReplyDeleteI worked at a community church that had a school supply event every year. It is a lot of work! So I feel for you, but I know it's a good cause.