Sunday, August 23, 2026

Bazaar Sewing

Notice I didn’t say bizarre sewing, although that may fit also! I am making small things to sell at our quilt guild open house and at our church fall festival. I am trying to get some baby quilts done, but my quilting customers already bought two of them. I think I have time to get a couple more done. I sure hope so.

For now, I have been trying to work on small things that aren’t very expensive to buy. We generally sell out of that type of thing. I made these two potholders from a remnant I had.


Not everyone’s taste, but they make me smile! I also have been making some glasses cases and key fobs. They are in various stages of construction, but these two are finished. 


The glasses cases open up into a heart shape.

I have several of the kitchen towels done that hang over the oven door. I can usually get two from each towel, depending on how they are printed.





Note to self: Avoid directional prints. LOL. 

I went with a friend to a Stevie Ray Vaughan tribute concert last night. 





The band is called Texas Flood, and it was such a good performance. We both enjoyed it a lot. So much so, we already bought tickets to the Santana Tribute in September. Fun fact: I have actually seen Stevie Ray perform, but I have never seen Santana live. I’m sure we will have fun!



9 comments:

  1. Those little projects that are less expensive are gold at a craft sale. They are all so cute! Love the towels, those will make nice Christmas gifts - I bet they go fast.
    How neat is that photo! You look so trim.
    Hope you have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, you are so nice! I am not trim, but it does feel good when you say that!

      Delete
  2. the small items are nice to look at and aren't as expensive as large items so some like them for little gifts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that’s true.,last year, a lady bought eight sets of the dishcloths I crocheted to give as gifts to her Bunco group.

      Delete
  3. What a great assortment of little items to provide at your sale! I hope those are the first items to go! Small things are often not quick nor simple to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, you are correct! Sometimes the small things take longer because they are so fiddly.

      Delete
  4. I had not seen that style of glasses case, cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki. A friend sent me the pattern and asked me to make some that she can buy at our church festival. (She doesn’t sew.)

      Delete
  5. Those items are nice little gifts, Carolyn. Love the glasses case, not seen that pattern before. Glad you enjoyed the concert.

    ReplyDelete