Thursday, September 3, 2026

A Few More

Can you believe it’s September already? I can’t, but here it is. September and October are typically my busiest months and I am trying to stay caught up on everything. I know it is a losing battle, but I try anyway! 

My friend had picked me up Saturday and we went to Hobby Lobby to shop for fabric for baby quilts. We spent about an hour in there looking at fabric and waiting in line to get ours cut.

I found this cute fabric and ended up making two baby quilts with it.


I didn’t really want the 42” width so I cut it in half from top to bottom and added borders. The tops came out to 37” x 45”. Super fast and easy. 

I made a top with the same yellow and some bee fat quarters I bought.

 
Here’s a closeup of the bees:


I got some kitty fat quarters too, and I’m working on that, but I haven’t finished it. 

Speaking of kitties, this one isn’t pregnant any more.


She’s a tiny little cat, not to mention young, and the babies didn’t live. It’s sad, but maybe for the best. She is going to the vet today to get spayed, and she will stay inside my shop for a few days until her incision heals. I already got her a litter box and a little bed. I don’t know if she will sleep in it or not. 

In between working on baby quilts, I put a large piece of fabric on the quilting frame and quilted several runners and placemats.



Now I will have to bind all this stuff! 

Tonight I’m going to a program at church called “Cook Once, Eat Twice”. It’s being put on by the Agriculture Extension Program. My mom is coming too so that will be fun! 

We actually got a little rain Tuesday evening. It was some the fragments from tropical storm Eduardo. It only rained about 15 minutes, but anything is good. 


You can see how dry the grass is. I am praying for more rain. We need it badly.





No comments:

Post a Comment