Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Lost and Found

Maybe I should say “Lost and Replaced”. I have a friend who literally finishes every quilt she starts. I start a lot, but don’t always finish. Or more likely, I finish them, but it takes me a few years. My friend reminded me I didn’t finish the quilt I started last year for the church auction. She told me to quit procrastinating and get it done. I dug it out and realized I’ve misplaced four blocks.


Oh my heavens! I looked and looked and can’t find them. I spent about half a day looking, and then realized it would be quicker to remake them. Oh, I didn’t want to. I wasn’t wanting to dig out all the fabric and cut enough pieces to get a good variety. I finally made myself do it Sunday evening.


What a total pain. But now that they are done, I can get all the rows put together and start on the borders. 

6 comments:

  1. I think I remember this one - I love the colors. Wonder where those missing blocks went? I have to look for something every time I start to sew on an already-started project. And I think I am such an organizer too, I even brag about it - hah! Good luck finishing up so your friend won't scold you - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I get so frustrated with myself when I can’t find something!

      Delete
  2. Blue and yellow, it's beautiful, Carolyn! Sorry you didn't find the missing blocks. Are you sure you made them? lol They will pop up when you're looking for something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I know I had all of them because I took a picture after I got the blocks arranged the way I wanted them. Oh well.

      Delete
  3. It looks great, Carolyn. You know those MIA blocks will show up when everything is sewn and done. It never fails! Lol. ;^)

    ReplyDelete