Friday, September 11, 2026

One Goal Done

Well, it took long enough, but I finally got Rhonda’s vintage quilt completely finished. Quilting, binding, and all.


It’s really big: 92” x 106”. You can’t really see all the fabrics in the photo, but they are all old. Nothing newer than 1930’s. I love those little pops of orange and red! Can you believe someone had such a huge variety of fabric that long ago?


The back and binding are the same fabric as the border.


Rhonda is coming today to get it. She doesn’t know I have the signature quilt finished. That will be a surprise!



I have three more big quilts to get finished. The patriotic one (94” x 94”) is on the frame now. I got the binding made yesterday evening so it will be ready to go. I also need to put borders on the disappearing nine patch and my church auction quilt. I ended up not liking the fabrics I had bought for the border, but Betty helped me pick something else from some of the yardage I have on the shelf, and I think it is going to work. I failed to take pictures of the different options, but I will get a picture of the final choices.


4 comments:

  1. Wow it is gorgeous. How big are those little pieces? I love the look of it - Rhonda will be thrilled with your quilting, I'm sure. And the signature quilt looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I didn’t measure the squares, but I would say 4 or 5 inches.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, for the most part. The signature quilt had some hand pieced blocks and some were machine pieced.

      Delete