Monday, September 28, 2026

Weekend Update

The days are passing so fast I can hardly keep up with what day it is! I got a couple of quilts finished last week that I did not post any pictures of. Both are baby quilts. This one was for a customer. 


I know the pictures don’t show the nice embroidery work very well. Her stitching is beautiful.


Another was one I did.


If it looks familiar, it’s because I did one with half of this layer cake a year ago. This one is what was left of the layer cake. I put a purple binding on it. I wanted to get it finished and add it to our Gabriel Project display for the Quilt Guild open house, which I did, but it’s so pretty I don’t know if I am ready to donate it or not. I have no immediate use for it, so I don’t know why I’m being so silly about it! 

I did a little sewing Saturday and Sunday. I cut up a Kaffe Fasset charm pack and started a bag. I used the free pattern I posted Friday, but of course I modified it to make it bigger. I got the back and the front pieced and quilted both of them. 


I have the perfect fabric for the lining so that will happen soon. I also added another row to the pink Irish chain. 


I will work on the black one this week and see if I can get another row added to it. Then I will have to piece some more blocks.

I went with a friend to a Santana tribute band concert on Sunday night. It was really good. 



 
Very talented band! I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Saturday evening I was outside taking pictures of the harvest moon. Of course, I don’t have the photography talent or equipment to get good pictures, but I did my best!




Linking to Melva Loves Scraps.



No comments:

Post a Comment