Saturday, September 19, 2026

Scrappy Saturday

I’m so happy I was able to get the borders of the quilt I’m making for my church’s fall festival auction. I really like the way it is turning out! 

The border fabrics I ended up using are not what I had originally chosen. I purchased fabric specifically for the quilt, but once the center part was pieced, I didn’t like the way they looked.


The colors in the center are more vibrant, and made the border fabrics look muddy and washed out. I was a little frustrated, but my friend Betty came over and helped me pull some other fabrics from my stash. We decided on the daisy print for the first border.


Then a narrow strip of yellow, and a wider border of navy tone on tone. I think I can still use the stripe for the binding.



I’m hoping there’s enough.

I spent a few evenings catching up on some of the aqua RSC blocks. I think aqua was the July color. I did a couple of the big stars. 


I have almost enough 2.5” squares of aqua to do some nine patches, but it will have to wait. I took my stepdad to Corpus Christi yesterday for some neurology appointments, and I was so tired when I got back I didn’t get anything done. I just sat in the chair and vegged. Maybe I’ll make some progress today if I can get caught up on my rest. 




No comments:

Post a Comment