Saturday, September 26, 2026

Scrappy Saturday

It was a busy week, so I wasn’t able to do as much sewing as I had hoped. The Quilt Guild Open House was Thursday and Friday, and of course, I spent part of Wednesday getting all my stuff together. More on that at the end of this post. 

I did get a few Rainbow Scrap Challenge block done. I was able to finish another aqua/turquoise one before I moved on to purple.


I could use a few more of these, but it may not happen. 

Once I moved to purple, I made two of the 16-patch star blocks.



Purple is not really my favorite color, but I do like these purple stars—a lot! If I can dig up a few more purple scraps, I will make some more this coming week. I’m not sure what the October color will be; I guess we will find out soon. 

Now for the Quilt Guild Open House. We decided not to do a show this year and just do an open house to try and attract new members. We held it at our regular meeting place which is Christ the Victor Lutheran Church. They let us do an Airing of the Quilts display in their sanctuary.




Our goal was to show the community what we do. We had a table showing our programs and workshops, a display of the collage quilting we taught to the 4H students, a membership table, and a Community Service table. I am the Community Service Coordinator, and this is this the display I set up. 


The plastic sheet holders on the left table show which organizations we support and what we donated last year. There are four community organizations we support.





Anyway, we signed up 11 new members, so I guess it was worth all the effort, and believe me, it was a lot of effort! I came home about 3 yesterday and took a nap!


1 comment:

  1. Wow 11 new members is amazing! I love the airing of the quilts format - looks like a fun place to stroll through!. Your table looks very inviting, especially with that quilt under the plastic holders.

    ReplyDelete