This was a goal I had set for myself. It is current 72” x 72”, and I am trying to figure out the borders. I used the same white throughout, so I am thinking I will use that for an inner broader, and then I still need an outer border.
I think the background is too dark. Oh dear. I don’t want to go buy more fabric. I have lots of fabric. I just have trouble finding what is perfect. 😕
I have been working on a quilt that I am making for a church in Refugio. I make them one every year, and this year my they asked for a patriotic pattern. I have had nothing but issues wtb it.
It has a pieced border which I cut wrong.
I put the side pieces on wrong. More seam ripping and resewing. I need to get this right! I will be so happy when then is finally finished and off of my to-do list!
How is your week shaping up?







Your quilt turned out beautiful - those greens look so pretty. I really like that purple/green backing. but the green one would look good too. I know the feeling with having to rip and re-sew!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I guess we all do our share of ripping.
DeleteI think the green for the border is good. It has many different shades and blends well. Thanks for sharing in Sew and Tell.
ReplyDeleteThank you for hosting!
DeleteI think that the green fabric is a good contender for the border. It looks like it has the same green as the little squares. Sorry that the RWB quilt has an attitude. Good luck. ;^)
ReplyDeleteIt does have an attitude! I will keep working on it until I get it finished though.
DeleteYour green disappearing 9 patch is so pretty! I like that swirly green for the border, too. So frustrating when you have to get out the ripper! (I had to do that just this afternoon...:)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I think I will use the green for the border.
ReplyDelete