Monday, November 15, 2021

A Busy Sunday

It was a really productive day. I went through the bedroom to see what was in there that could be packed up and decided the antique quilts can go back to Victoria now. Here's some pictures of one of them:


I bought it at an antique store in LaGrange that was going out of business. It was their last day and everything was half-price. It had been $150, and I really debated with myself about paying $75 as it is a little primitive....not what I would call really fine work and there are a couple of stains. But, I didn't have any blue quilts in my collection, and the black embroidery thread around the dresdens gives it a lot of charm. The batting is really thin so it is lightweight. Funny thing, when I took it to the register, the lady said she was going to only charge me $60 because she was wanted me to have it and was hoping I would buy it. I took it home and soaked it in oxyclean, and most of the stains (and a lot of dirt) came out. Here are some close ups of the blocks and the quilting.


The border is really cute. It's just a little wider on the top and bottom than it is on the sides. The backing is the same light blue as the setting blocks and the binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment