Sunday, November 14, 2021

Packing It Up

I have been so busy! I filed my retirement paperwork this past week, and now that I have a date, it is time to start transitioning to Victoria. I pretty much did nothing all week except work on packing my sewing room.

I hate it. I am actually glad I did the reorganization stuff in the sewing room a few months ago because that does make it easier. I am still finding stuff, though. I found a quilt top that I had already put the inner border on, and I had cut and pieced the outer borders. I think I got lost on the measurements as one end was 79.5" and one was 80.5". I am not usually that far off on the edges, but this one had a lot of small squares through the main part of the quilt so I'm sure that's how it happened.
I am pretty uptight about those border measurements. Once I started longarm quilting, I found out what happens if you don't measure the borders carefully--you end up with big ole wavy borders. I finally measured through the middle and it was 80", so I cut both strips that size and went with it. Even if it is not prefect, that small of a difference won't affect the quilting enough to worry about. The pattern is a variation of the Scrappy Trips, the variation being that you alternate neutral strips with the patterned ones. 

If I keep finding things that lack "just a tiny bit" to get finished, I may never finish packing. I hate to do it anyway, so I will pretty much let myself get sidetracked.

No comments:

Post a Comment