Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Another Oldie

Here's another on of the antique quilts I packed up over the weekend.

It looks a little pink, but it is light purple. It is another one I bought because I have several old ones that are pink or yellow or green, but not too many purple -- if any. I found it in an antique mall in Alvin several years ago and don't remember what I paid, but I'm pretty sure it was less than $200. The batting on this one is not very thick, but definitely thicker than the blue one I showed yesterday. The quilting is not really fine on this one either, but not bad.






The fabrics in this one intriqued me. There are some that are quite old, and then you see the quirky floral or the black and white geometric, and those look more 40's or 50's to me. So, even though it said on the tag that it was early 1900's, I don't really believe it. 

I like this "make do" block where she ran out of one fabric and subbed in another. 


The back is solid purple:
And, here it is packed up with its sisters ready to go back to Victoria:

No comments:

Post a Comment