Sunday, August 30, 2026

Some Quick Wins

I have been getting tired of working on things that take forever to finish. I needed a quick finish! I got these four fat quarters from the “free” table at our quilt guild meeting. 


I thought the little sloths were cute. I ended up using only two of them and got this baby quilt pieced.


I should have adjusted the lighting on the picture, but you get the idea. I already had the gray—I bought it for something and ended up not using it. I think I still have enough for another quilt or two. I know I have enough nine patches made for another quilt this size. I went to Hobby Lobby with my friend and got a couple of fat quarters I can use, so hopefully I will be able to get another one done soon. Oh, I only used two of the sloth fat quarters so I have enough of those for another baby quilt too! 

I ironed all the green nine patches I made for a disappearing nine patch.


I started trimming them (I didn’t quite finish), and started laying them out so I can get the top sewn together. 


This is just half of it…..I’ll get the rest trimmed and laid out later this week. 

We had a UFO sew day at quilt guild. I couldn’t decide on a UFO to take—I have plenty of them but nothing was motivating me. I took some black and white strips and my box of 2-1/2” squares and worked on this (not my picture):


I honestly didn’t get very far, but I like it so far. I’ll have to see how it goes. My goal for today is to clean up my utility room. I park in the garage so it is the first room I enter when I come in the house. It is easy for it to be a dumping ground for mail and other clutter. It is starting to drive me crazy! It’s also where I keep the dog leashes and harnesses, etc. I want all the clutter gone today! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's a cute baby quilt - love those cute sloths! We need those fast finishes every once in awhile. Hope you enjoy your cleaning day!

    ReplyDelete