I thought the little sloths were cute. I ended up using only two of them and got this baby quilt pieced.
I ironed all the green nine patches I made for a disappearing nine patch.
I started trimming them (I didn’t quite finish), and started laying them out so I can get the top sewn together.
We had a UFO sew day at quilt guild. I couldn’t decide on a UFO to take—I have plenty of them but nothing was motivating me. I took some black and white strips and my box of 2-1/2” squares and worked on this (not my picture):
I honestly didn’t get very far, but I like it so far. I’ll have to see how it goes. My goal for today is to clean up my utility room. I park in the garage so it is the first room I enter when I come in the house. It is easy for it to be a dumping ground for mail and other clutter. It is starting to drive me crazy! It’s also where I keep the dog leashes and harnesses, etc. I want all the clutter gone today!







Oh that's a cute baby quilt - love those cute sloths! We need those fast finishes every once in awhile. Hope you enjoy your cleaning day!
ReplyDeleteCleaning is always a dilemma for me. I don’t like to do it but I also don’t like a dirty house!
Deleteyour green's are pretty.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I don’t remember ever making a green quilt before.
DeleteI can imagine there was a good reason you were having a time finding a UFO to work on--that's why they become UFOs, right? Cute sloth fabric and great find! Makes for a cute baby quilt, or two!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, you are right about the UFO’s. The sloths are so cute, and the fabric was free so it’s a win-win!
DeleteCute baby quilt, Carolyn! It's always fun working on something new, and we definitely need to do that in between other projects, like UFOs. Our lower ground floor had become a 'store room'. I finally took a grip a few weeks ago, sorted out stuff and cleaned. It looks so much better now. Hope you had a good cleaning day!
ReplyDeleteThank you Astrid. I did get some cleaning done, and I have plans to do more this week.
DeleteI just finished a big quilt that has taken years, so I know just how you're feeling! Something easy and quick to finish is on my agenda, too. Your sloth quilt is adorable! Love seeing the other projects you're working on also.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting!
DeleteI think we all need encouragement to actually FINISH a project from time to time. By finishing something new we often find ourselves with a new energy to return to the other item we had set aside. I like the sloth quilt... simple but fun. Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.
ReplyDeleteI think you have summed it up very well. It is energy-draining to work and work and not have a finish.
DeleteThe sloth fabric is perfect for a baby quilt. The DNP quilt is coming along.
ReplyDeleteI like those sloths! So cute.
Delete