Saturday, February 5, 2022

February Goal

A new month means it’s time for a new UFO number, and February is number 7.

Oh gee, I’m not too excited about this one. It’s okay though, I’ll get done what I can. I made two lists this year; one for quilts to be quilted, and one for projects I either started piecing, or bought fabric for, or cut a few blocks and stopped….that type of thing. 

The top to be quilted was this lone star I did about 12 years ago:

The backing I’m using is some yardage I bought when Hancock Fabrics went out of business and discounted all the fabric. I bought several different 5-6 yard pieces that I thought would work for backing; I see I forgot to take a picture of it. I’ll get one later.

I got the backing seamed together and loaded on the frame. The top was really creased from being folded and stacked for the last several years, so I laid it out on the ironing board and misted it with water, then pressed it. I hope to get it loaded today! 

I almost finished both of the January projects. One was to complete this quilt:

The other goal was to get Bill’s quilt done. It’s quilted, but I’m not quite done with the binding. I’ll have it finished soon, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment