Saturday, February 26, 2022

Good Advice

I got to go to the Victoria Quilt Guild meeting on Thursday. They had a guest speaker, Kristen Phillips, and she spoke about controlling the chaos. Specifically, the chaos creative people tend to create.

She shared five tips, and I confess I can’t really remember what they were……it centered around doing a 25 minute cleanup each day before starting the creating. Number 1 was to pick up and dispose of obvious trash. The others were to put all the tools away, put away things that obviously don’t belong in the sewing room, I really can’t remember the rest, but I did enjoy the program. When she talked about organizing, she said to spend some time thinking about what works for you as it is different for each person. In other words, all those perfect spaces on Pinterest don’t work for everyone. I have looked up organizing tips on Pinterest, but I got disillusioned when I saw one on how to organize your napkin drawer. I mean, who even has a napkin drawer?

The other think I was excited about—the guild is doing placemats for Meals on Wheels as one of their charitable projects. I took a few kits they had prepared, and I will add my own to those and turn them all in next month (I hope). Here are three of the four kits I brought home with me:

Well, I assume these are being kitted from donated fabric as it’s not very inspiring, but I will see what I can do with it. 

And, today I need to go to Lake Jackson and help Bill with some “getting the house ready” projects. That will keep me busy for the rest of the weekend, and maybe Monday. I will be so happy when this is all over, and I’m sure Bill will be glad to have it done too.

No comments:

Post a Comment