Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Two’s Day

Yes, it is Tuesday, and it’s also 2-22-22. That’s a lot of 2’s.


I haven’t had anything to post for a few days…..I did the Autopilot training on Friday, and it was a little more basic than I expected. It was geared more toward new owners, I think. I am new to this brand of machine, but I have been longarming about 15 years. That’s not to say I didn’t get anything out of the training. It was a good review of things that need to be reinforced periodically. I am signed up for a custom quilting class in April. That one will be all free motion. I hope I can learn some new things there. I would really like to have an advanced training on the Autopilot system and was told they are thinking of offering one at a later date, so I will have to wait or try to find something online. 

I spent Saturday and Sunday in Lake Jackson. We are working hard on getting the house ready to sell. Bill found a couple of bags of fabric in the garage. I am a little panicked about the amount of fabric I have accumulated. I’m working now on getting it organized and put where it needs to be so I can actually see what I have. 

It’s a challenge. My ADD makes it that much harder, but I keep trying.

We brought the refrigerator back with us, so I know have that in the kitchen of my shop. It was pretty grimy from the trailer ride and I spent most of Monday cleaning at the shop. I got the refrigerator done, and there is a stove that was there when I bought the property l it had quite an accumulation of dried grease, and I was able to clean it up reasonably well. I ended up using an automotive degreaser, and it worked on the grease, but it was a little hard on the paint. I can touch it up though.

I also pieced some backing fabric and hope to get a quilt loaded today. I need a break from all these “have to do’s”.

I haven’t been walking lately as I had twisted my knee a couple of weeks ago. I took the dogs out this morning and we did a little over a mile. They saw me putting on my walking shoes and got all excited. I hope I can get back into a routine. It’s good for me and for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment