Monday, April 18, 2022

Granny Square

This was a quilt-along on a facebook group. I think it was spring or summer of 2020, because I remember we were quarantined, and I latched onto this (and a few other projects) as a means to stay in communication with other people who were also sewing along. 

The blocks were so much fun, and then I got stuck on how to put it together--colored cornerstones vs. plain white sashing--and it got put aside. Once I go going again, it still took a little longer than I anticipated. Now I need to figure out a border. I measured it yesterday, and it is currently 65.5" x 76", so not quite as large as I would like. This one is for me, and I would like to use it on a queen bed. 

I have been looking on Pinterest and through my books for border ideas, and I think I have settled on one: 

The issue was whether I had enough fabric to accomplish this, but I scrounged around last night and found two charm packs.

I think that will give me just enough, and if not, Alan has some leftovers from the one he made that he has offered to let me have. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment