Friday, April 29, 2022

Placemats and Other Things

 The Victoria quilt guild met this morning, and I actually remembered to take the placemats I had ready for Meals on Wheels.

I have a few more quilted, but no binding yet.......I will try and get them cranked out pretty soon instead of putting it off until the end of May.

The quild had their donation quilt hanging up and raffle tickets are now for sale. Six tickets for $5.00. If anyone is interested, let me know. It is a pretty one.

The spring shop hop started today, but because of guild, I only made it to the one in Victoria. I totally forgot to take pictures. Tomorrow, I will meet Janice in Yorktown and we will go to the Yorktown shop and then drive to Shiner. I haven't been to the Shiner shop before, and their website looks really nice, so I am looking forward to it. Saturday, Alan is going with us, and we will hit Ganado and Port Lavaca. Lots of driving......I hope it will be worth it. 

Here's what I bought in Victoria: 

No one was surprised about that. Everyone knows I love 1930's fabric. I saw a picture of a quilt I absolutely fell in love with, so I bought the red fabric to duplicate what I saw in the picture. Or at least a close facsimile.

I am going to try and keep the brakes on when it comes to buying, but my resistance is weak when I see something I like. We'll see how it goes. I think I would feel better about it if I had some of these UFO's completely finished, so I need to be a little more diligent about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment