Wednesday, April 6, 2022

New Iron

I had to get a new iron. My old one hasn’t worked since the move. Bill took it apart and said it was a transformer, and I would need to buy a new one. Of course, I didn’t. I have a whole selection of the cheap ones, the kind from Walmart. I buy them because, well, they are cheap so it doesn’t matter if they quit working, and they don’t have the auto shut-off function. 

When I got to my shop earlier today, I sat down at the sewing machine, and I could hear the iron making a clicking noise……I had forgotten to turn it off, and that was on Friday. It was on all weekend! That’s it. I unplugged it and put it away. No smoke alarm in the world will prevent a fire if no one is there to hear it. 

I found an iron like my old one at Target, so it is plugged in and turning itself off after some preset interval. 

I usually can remember to turn it off, but I’m obviously not remembering every single time. I do love this big, heavy iron. It is so much more substantial feeling, and it has the “max” button that gives a good shot of heat if needed.

When we were at Sam's on Sunday, I found a big jar of pickled okra.

It’s not the brand I usually buy, but it’s really good. I think I like it better than the usual brand. Bill thought I was nuts for buying such a big jar, but I told him, “We will eat it; I just need to remember to put it on the table.”

I also got a two pack of quiche, and we had the broccoli cheddar one for meatless Monday. The other is quiche Lorraine. I don’t remember what is in quiche Lorraine, but I think it is ham or bacon, so we will maybe have that Sunday evening. If not, I will need to freeze it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment