Sunday, September 29, 2024

Weekend Update

Hello blog friends. I got back from vacation late Tuesday night, and the days since then were spent doing laundry and prepping for the quilt show. My vacation was a four-day trip to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge with two girlfriends and my mom.


It was just long enough to have a good time, but not get too tired. Anyway, my favorite place to be is home. 

The quilt show ended yesterday. It was a lot of work, but I think it went well. The overall attendance was down this year, although I’m told it’s always down when it is an election year. I am the vendor chairperson, and I stay busy with that all year. I did notice that a lot of visitors were visiting the vendors and seemed to be making purchases, so that was encouraging. Here’s a look at some of our vendor booths:








So many of them do such a good job with their displays. 

I have pictures of the quilt entries (of course), and I’ll try to get those posted soon. 

The St. Joseph homecoming game was Friday night, and even though I was tired, I made it a point to attend. My granddaughter was a member of the homecoming court, and I didn’t want to miss that. 


She is the one in blue in both pictures. I was glad to get home and get into bed. I am headed to church this morning, and this afternoon I want to at least vacuum and dust and unload the dishwasher. Clean bathrooms are also a priority, but I feel like I will run out of steam before it all gets done.

2 comments:

  1. Your trip looks like fun! I'm glad you got back before Helene created such havoc. Your granddaughter is beautiful, she could be a model. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it was a good trip, but it’s also nice to be home. We are all praying for those affected by Helene.

      Delete