Thursday, December 9, 2021

I Don’t Need Another Hobby

I have little spare time due to my work hours, and most of those hours are taken up with quilting. I am unable to sit and do nothing, so I crochet if I am watching tv, but I’m not a big tv watcher. I see some nice cross stitch projects other quilters are working one and think “No thanks”. I totally burned myself out on counted cross stitch in the 80’s and 90’s. Now even the the LQS is carrying cross stitch supplies, and some of the Lori Holt samplers are appealing to me. I have watched the recent revival with interest, but it has been a detached interest.

One of the bloggers I follow was suggesting a stitch along using “A Changed World” pattern. It’s nice, but I don’t love it, and the saying didn’t really resonate with me. While I was on the website, I made the mistake of looking around and saw this:

Now, this does resonate with me, but I didn’t want to commit. I kept going back and looking at it though……then I noticed the four dogs. Three black and one light brown one. It seemed like it was meant for me. But I don’t need another hobby, and my eyesight is not as sharp as it once was, and on and on. Of course, I ordered it. I went to Etsy and ordered some 25 count even weave. 

I decided I need to work into it, so I ordered a stamped cross stitch kit from Amazon that is printed on 11 count aida. If that goes okay, which so far it is, I will graduate to a counted sampler on 14 count aida. Then I will attempt the one that I really want to do. It will be a process. I just need to be disciplined about not starting any until I finish the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment