Thursday, December 23, 2021

Practice Makes Perfect

....or so they say. I would say the jury is still out on that one, but I am continuing to practice, pretty much every day. I had several quilt sandwiches prepared with muslin.

I like this swirl design, especially with the variegated thread. Of course, I got tired of working on muslin, so I eventually loaded a quilt top that I completed last year, or maybe the year before. If was a sew-along from a jelly roll Facebook group. I think she called the pattern Modified Four Patch.
I will be glad to get it quilted and bound, but I had planned to bind it with the border fabric, and of course, I can't find any. With moving all my stuff, and half (or more) being here, and half being in Lake Jackson, I think this will be a problem for a while until I can manage to get it all moved down here and organized. 

In the meantime, I will keep working through some of the unquilted tops and seeing what I can get done. I also used some old thread on this one which I was glad to get rid of. 

I had a brief moment of regret about the trading in the Voyager machine as it sewed such a beautiful stitch, but of course I couldn't justify keeping it when this one is so much larger and computerized. I have to say, this one also sews a beautiful stitch so I am content with my decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment